Our Purpose & Mission
Community Integrated Services constantly strives to realize the mission of creating an inclusive community. We utilize a combination of resources to support all individuals in meeting their needs and reaching their goals. Our approach is focused on the individual, not only to make progress on goals but also to provide an enriching experience on a daily basis. In support of this vision, we serve as listeners, learners and leaders. We stand with, advocate for, and support individuals with disabilities in their communities as they pursue their self-determined personal dreams and goals.
Our vision is to provide a safe environment for individuals with disabilities, mental illness, acquired brain disorder and/or traumatic brain injury. A safe environment provides an opportunity for growth, achievement and confidence. The ultimate goal is maximum independence and a high sense of self-efficacy. Dignity, respect and compassion are the cornerstones of our holistic approach.
In order to achieve the mission and vision of Community Integrated Service, we all subscribe to a core set of values. We have a central focus on helping to fulfill the lives of the people we serve. We use an individualized approach to day services, community supports and services, in home care, as well as specialty supports and individualized services. These services, by design, are directed by the individual and team. We also offer daily educational/artistic/vocational classes in order to provide practical experiences. Classes also provide an opportunity to pursue a new interest or hobby.
- We believe in an uncompromising dedication to individual rights, access to opportunity and advocacy.
- We believe all individuals should be treated with dignity and respect.
- We believe in self-expression and individuality in all aspects of life.
- We believe that different individuals require a personalized approach, and that the individual is most qualified to direct this approach.
- We believe in a holistic approach, taking into account both structured and unstructured daily life activities.
- We believe that everyone associates with our organization must possess the integrity and ethical sense to follow through on our mission and values.
- We believe in preventative health care through assessments, screenings and communication.
- We believe every individual deserves access to educational opportunities.
- We believe that every individual has the potential to grow and to reach their goals.
- We believe that every individual deserves an opportunity to live an enriching life with genuine supports.